8.14.2010

new.mostly

it's been more than two years since i picked up a guitar and taught myself to play a few chords.  

i've had worship experiences beyond anything that i could have imagined.  i've seen God do things that i only hoped were possible.  i love worshiping.  i love music.  

since moving back to puyallup i've been stretched and challenged by leading worship every week at whitewater with a band.  i learned how to do it all by myself just because it was easier to grab a guitar and sing without warning.  but i'm learning how to be creative and express myself in worship alongside 4 other musicians.  

let me introduce you to the newest member of our band: Sullivan (meaning to have extreme perception, ability to see sharply).  


i bought it off craigslist about a month ago.  wonderful beautiful depth of sound and wonderfully worn.  previously played by a guy from Tacoma, he's been loved and played lots and lots, giving the wood plenty of time to age.  

sully, i'm excited to worship God with you.  i'm excited to go to new heights and depths with you in my hands, accompanying my voice and my heart.  may i hear the echos of God's heart in your resonance.  

also, an honorable mention should go to my other new friend.  I have yet to figure her out.  we don't get a long as well as me and my new acoustic.  but she's beautiful and i think with time and practice we'll learn each other just fine.  



i'm so excited to learn and grow as a musician and as a worshiper.  it's a life long process.  i have so far to go.  but i'm so thankful for the freedom to be creative and learn and grow.  i'm thankful for 3 boys that God has put in the whitewater band that have stretched me and laughed with me and taught me to trust in the Father and to wait on his timing.  

tomorrow is another sunday.  i'm excited to see what He'll do with yet another morning of praise.  

No comments: