2.09.2011

about that

lat night was the night. my boys all piled in my living room amps and drums in hand. you'd think they won the lottery! and they jammed for hours. new songs, old songs, bad songs, good songs... everyone in a 10 block radius heard it all.

and then it was dinner time.

when they saw the meat, you'd think they had never eaten a day in their lives! it is all gone! leftovers: not a crumb. they even sampled the kimchi which I was very proud of them for!

but like the perfectionist that I am (at least about food), I have a few amendments to the kalbi recipe I posted Monday. I broiled the ribs which worked but didn't give them the depth of flavor I was hoping for. I think because of the pear purée, they didn't get quite crispy enough. If I broiled them again, I would wipe them down pretty good to get most of the marinade off.

also, I think I might recommend using only 1/2 of an extremely ripe pear, you know how the flavor gets more intense and sweet when they're super ripe? it just didn't have a rich enough flavor. to that end I might add a little more soy sauce too.

other than that it was 100% a success!

2 comments:

hapi said...

Hi Caitlin Shirley, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Anonymous said...

Hey ! Nice blog

Check out another great blog:
wwwdeathoflove.blogspot.com (there is no dot of the www)

Happy blogging xxx