8.30.2010

Awake My Soul

this week's music inspiration.
mumford & sons :: awake my soul


this week at whitewater was our first week without our dear sean, the bass player. he's moved on to college. he'll be attending george fox university in oregon and i think i remember him telling me that he's planning on majoring in some flavor of enginering!

without a bass, our band is a little empty. leaving a guitar, drums, and an electric guitar. we're scrambling trying to find some qualified player who might have some time and heart to dedicate to God's work at whitewater. i trust that He'll provide.
but for now, we're adjusting for acoustic, mellow, chill, folksy sounding worship. i wouldn't say we were 100% successful this sunday, but we worshiped.

i want the guys in my band (and/or girls) to grow as musicians and as followers of jesus. i want them to be challenged to make their identity their own and yet to be influenced by musicians who have paved the way for us. i want to be able to hear little bits of lauren hill and rihanna in my voice as well as a little bit of my childhood favorite, amy grant. i want our worship to be fun and spontaneous sounding like postal service, and yet carry the weight and depth of civil twilight.

all the while, i want us to discover who God created us to be. unique and wonderful. both sharing in and contributing to the narrative of music and ultimately worship of our God.

this song is my prayer for us. for my little men. for me as their leader. for our precious worshipers who sing faithfully with us each week.

No comments: