1.10.2011

ten from 2010 (# 1)

I can't believe 2011! it's like every year that comes is another year that seems it should still be future.

I'm older, I'm busier, i'm learning more and more everyday... and 2011 reminds me to stop and think about all that has happened in the last year (well, really year and a half since graduation from biola).

so here are 10 amazing and important things I learned in 2010...

1. I've learned how to play ukelele! my friend Danielle who I often enjoy collaborating with taught me on the fly for a gig we had. it makes me giggle because it's so ridiculous, but it is a very beautiful instrument and I'm looking forward to incorporating it more into my music.

2. that community is more than just the people you live near, but the people God has called you to. I had a conversation with a woman at work yesterday and when I told her I was staying in Puyallup for another year because I didn't want to leave my community, she looked at me pike I was speaking another language. she said, "well can't you just make new friends when you move?" I suppose I could, but the bottom line is that I'm called to my people. I can't just choose to leave them unless Jesus releases me from that calling and gives me a new one.

3. my sister Jillian is pretty much a woman. it's weird since I remember her being born. it seems like people who were born when I was a pre-teen/teen shouldn't be women yet. but I'm reminded by our frequent conversations that 14 is the age where girls do a lot of working out womanhood and deciding what kind of a woman they're going to be. Jillian, you're going to be a stellar one!!

4. trains get the right-of-way! thankfully!! that cuts about 20 mins off my commute! and I get to do things like write this blog the whole way home.

5. that mission is something that doesn't only take place in other countries but also right here at home in Puyallup with people who don't know Jesus. since whitewater began, 7 people have come to know Him and be immersed in community with us. I'm not sure i've ever been a part of a church that not only challenged it's body to evangelize but also gives them the tools, the encouragement, and the opportunity to see fruit for the kingdom.

there is the first 5 for you. i've got someore good stuff up my sleeve to share. stay tuned!

No comments: